Thank you for your interest.
2019 GWI Applications are now CLOSED
Each summer for three weeks in June, WSIP offers the Graduate Writing Institute (GWI) for selected graduate students interested in improving or simply moving forward in their writing. The GWI helps graduate students complete advanced research projects, articles for publication, grant and research proposals, conference presentations, theses, and dissertations. Students of various disciplines work on their writing by participating in the following activities:
- Writing workshops
- Individual Tutoring
- Facilitated Small Group Tutoring
- Writing Boot Camp
2019 Program Information
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE
Any enrolled graduate student. Students from both the University of Arizona and other academic institutions are encouraged to apply.
Dates: June 3 - 21, 2019
Location: University of Arizona main campus (rooms TBA) and online
WRITING WORKSHOPS: Mon/Wed, 9 am - 11 am
WRITING BOOTCAMPS: Mon/Wed, 11 am - 12 pm
SMALL GROUP TUTORING: 2 hours/Twice weekly (days and times vary)
INDIVIDUAL TUTORING: 50 minutes/Twice weekly (days and times vary)
- $20 Nonrefundable application processing fee for all applicants (does not guarantee acceptance into Institute; application will not be reviewed or considered without payment of this fee)
- No program fee (i.e. tuition) for UA Graduate Students participating in the GWI for the first time
- $470 program fee (i.e. tuition) for non-UA Graduate Students and any student who participated in previous institutes. Due upon acceptance to the program.
The GWI has a competitve application process. Application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Online application. Includes the following short responses (100 words):
- Why do you want to attend the Graduate Writing Institute, and what is your goal for these three weeks?
- Please provide a detailed description of the writing project you will work on during the Institute.
- What are your most pressing writing needs?
- $20 Application Fee payable online
Deadline to Apply: April 7, 2019, 11:59 pm.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance status in late April.
If you are interested in learning more about the GWI, please contact Dr. Hernandez Holm at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (520) 621-5849.
**Many thanks to the UA Graduate College for its support of the GWI.**
Graduate Writing Institute Testimonials