Below, you will find links to WSIP "Tips" sheets, additional WSIP handouts, and quality writing-related materials from outside organizations.
Have fun browsing the lists below—and please let us know if you would like us to add resources on any other writing topics. You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 621-5849.
WSIP General Handouts
Resources for Graduate Student Writers
- Abstracts Handout (UNC Writing Center)
- Academic Phrasebank
- Engineering Communication Online Handbook (U Toronto)
- Graduate Writing Groups at the WSIP
- Guide to Creating and Maintaining a Successful Writing Group (WSIP)
- Graduate Writing Success - Quick Tips and Resources (Think Tank)
- My Grad Skills Professionalization – Free Course Modules
- The Not-So-Secret Guide to Dissertating
- On the Value of Dissertation Writing Groups
- UA Graduate Center's Writing and Publishing Page
- Writing Research Papers: From Idea to Publication (Video)
- UA Grad Center ABD to PhD Workshops
General Writing Resources
- APA Video - What Is APA Style?
- APA Documentation Resource
- Hemingway Interactive Grammar App
- Plagiarism - Avoid Plagiarism
- Plagiarism - Understanding and Preventing Plagiarism
- Technical Writing - Tips for Writing Technical Papers
- Technical Writing - Writing Technical Articles
- "College Guide to Preventing Plagiarism"
- "7 Ways to Overcome Writer's Block"
Resources for Multilingual Writers
Places to Write
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (free to UA faculty, postdocs, and graduate students)
- Donate to Campus Pantry
- UA Libraries Guide to Find Your Librarian
- UA Writing & Learning Project
- Strategic Alternative Learning Center Resources Page
- How to Start a Student Blog (and other Resources)