Résumé, Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, and Mock Interview
Today’s professional and academic job markets are highly competitive. In order to be selected for an interview, an applicant must have a flawless résumé or Curriculum Vitae as well as a convincing cover letter. These are the first documents that a prospective employer reads, and they will determine if a candidate moves forward in the job selection process.
“When I arrived in the USA as an immigrant, I unsuccessfully looked for a job in my field for three months. I tried to create a resume using internet templates, but they were not good enough. Then I read about the Writing Skills Improvement Program and contacted Dr. Robert A. Côté to help me create a professional resume and cover letter and do a Mock Interview. Two weeks later, I was offered a laboratory research position at a university.”
Moustafa A., Plant Biotechnologist
Job Market Prep Services
Let the WSIP staff of experienced writing professionals assist you in your search for the perfect job. We offer three distinct one-hour long sessions which involve:
- Drafting: We will help you brainstorm, organize, and draft content for résumés, curriculum vita, and cover letters*
- Editing: We will edit your job market documents
- Interviewing: We will conduct a mock interview with you, including recording and feedback
- Presenting: We will listen to your job interview presentation and provide feedback
*One of our writing specialist will work with you as you draft, review, revise, and finalize your Résumé, Curriculum Vitae, or Cover Letter. We do not compose the documents for you.
Contact us at email@example.com or phone (520) 621-5849 to schedule an appointment.
- Editing of résumés, CVs, or cover letters may require more than one hour, depending on content and length.
- A Mock Interview session requires a one-hour appointment.
- Client must provide WSIP with sample job description(s) or posting(s), and application material at least 48 hours before the scheduled Mock Interview appointment.