WSIP Writing Specialists support writers throughout the writing process, helping them gain confidence and knowledge of academic and scholarly language and forms.
Writers discover and strengthen their "writerly" voices and improve their writing and critical thinking skills. Our specialists support writers at all academic levels to plan, draft, review, and finalize documents.
We help writers at any stage brainstorm, organize, develop content, increase fluency, clarify arguments, and improve grammar and style. Visit our YouTube channel for student testimonials about their work with WSIP!
Our specialists consult on numerous documents across genres and disciplines, including:
- Academic papers (i.e., coursework, theses, and dissertations);
- Manuscripts for publication;
- Statements/essays for school, scholarship, internship, and job applications;
- Narratives, specific aims, and other statements for grant applications;
- Statements for faculty portfolios (e.g., tenure and promotion statements);
- Reports, memos, and emails;
- and more!
FREE for UArizona Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Free sessions during the regular academic semester only. We do not offer tutoring or editing of exams (e.g. take-home exams, comprehensive exams). Review of cover letters, résumés, and CVs is now part of our fee-based Job Market Preparation services.
By Appointment: One free, 50-minute session every other week during the regular academic year
- To schedule an appointment, return to Registration page.
Fee-Based for All Writers
Writing consultations available for all writers, including UA students who want more than one free session every other week. Available year-round. Parents or guardians must be present for in person or online sessions with minors.
- By Appointment: 60-minute sessions available
- Small Group Tutoring: Custom-designed
Click here to view our fees. Please call WSIP to purchase appointments.
Job Market Preparation
Review of cover letters, résumés, and CVs is now part of our Job Market Preparation services. Please see our fee based-services page for more information.
On-line consultation sessions involve using an on-line meeting platform such as Skype or Zoom, and Google Docs. Your Writing Specialist will send you information about accessing the platform. To learn more about using Google Docs with your appointment, click the link to watch an instructional video.