THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED
Please contact us at (520) 621-5849 with any questions.
This three-week program focuses on providing students opportunities to develop writing fluency and confidence in academic writing through project-based activities.
On a typical day, students will . . .
- spend mornings reading, writing, discussing, and presenting their writing
- spend afternoons participating in workshops to experiment with various types of writing
- produce an anthology of writing
Throughout the program, participants will have opportunities to participate in UA activities.
Who May Participate
High school students (grades 9-12 in the coming school year)
Dates: July 2-20 (no class July 4)
Place: University of Arizona (Main Campus)
Time: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 3 pm
Please note that this is not an overnight camp. Housing and meals are not provided by WSIP.
- $15 Non-refundable application processing fee (does not guarantee acceptance into the program)
$195 Tuition & Books (*Limited waivers are available. Fees are due AFTER acceptance into the program)
This is a competitive program. Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance.
Application Packet Requirements
- Completed online application
- Personal Statement: Write about an activity that you participate in at school or outside of school For example, maybe you participate in student council, youth group, or volunteer work. How does this activity affect your life? Why do you participate in it? If you don't have an activity to describe, write about an activity you think your school should offer. What is it? Why is it important or interesting. 350-500 words. UPLOAD document to application.
- Letter of Support: UPLOAD a Letter of Support from a recent teacher, school administrator, or job supervisor who can speak to your interest in participating in the program.
- Application Fee payable at the WSIP online store
Optional: Tuition Waiver Application Statement: To be considered for a tuition award, please upload a 200-300 word statement explaining why the cost of tuition ($195) may prohibit you from participating in the program. UPLOAD document to application.
** Recipient of a 2018 Marshall Foundation Grant **
** Recipient of a 2017 College of Humanities Teaching and Outreach Grant. **